Monday, October 29, 2012

"I was wandering in the rain/mask of life, feelin' insane"

What a way to start off a Monday!  Bitterly cold, wet, flurries of snowflakes--everything you need to have a good, long, cold, snow-filled, winter.  I'm being a little sarcastic, because the weather channel always predicts that there will be a lot of snow ("2 inches in the lower elevations, possibly reaching up to 6 inches of snow in the higher elevations...").  Blah blah blah.  If they actually took a look outside, they would notice that the temperature hasn't even hit 35 degrees Fahrenheit yet and that the moment the tiny snowflakes hit anything, they turn to little drops of water.  It's about as good as rain.  I don't know which is worse--or better.  What a way to start off a Monday...

In the more positive news, even though I'm in high school, and we all know high schoolers don't dress up for Halloween, I'm going to dress up this year.  I always have and always will (until I get to the point, probably in college, when I can't anymore).  That's just stupid to say that high schoolers are "too grown-up" and self-conscience of their image to go out publicly dressed as a bumble bee.  Just because we're in high school doesn't mean you can't skip out on all the fun of Halloween (and the candy, too).  That once you're in high school, it's not "cool" to dress up is just something middle schoolers who try to act all grown up say.  They just don't know, and won't know, until they actually reach high school and figure it out.  I won't mention what/who I'm going as for Halloween until Halloween or the day after.  I love my costume, but my makeup is the best part about it.

I recently signed up for talenthouse.com.  I don't know what I'm going to do on there yet, but I just signed up because I could.  I'll find a use for it...someday, I hope.

I was practicing with my makeup for Wednesday (for all of you who don't know, that's Halloween) and I scrubbed my face for two hours trying to get the stuff off.  It's still on there; I used an eyeliner pencil on my eyebrows, which was a mistake, because now the black eyeliner is plastered on my skin underneath my brows, and it won't come off, making them look extra, extra black.  I never wear makeup, so I still have traces of eyeliner in my eyelashes, making my eyes look darker and more dangerous-looking.  When I look in the mirror, I barely see myself, because the eyes are always what you look at in the mirror.  Oh well; I like looking strange anyway, so I guess this makeup thing isn't such a problem after all.  (You can probably tell I'm not used to makeup, just from the way I described this, haha.)

I don't know me anymore
The eyes that gaze back at me from that crooked glass
Do not belong in my head
They do not know me
As I do not know them
The day that winter began

--Emma Keynes

© 2012 Emma Keynes

No comments:

Post a Comment