Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Upside down, Boy you turn me, inside out and round and round"

Well, that applies to other people more than me at Halloween :)  This Halloween, I dressed up as Boy George, and boy, did I get a reaction from the people in my town!  Everywhere I went, people were saying things like, "Let's have a little Culture Club," and "Oh, my God!  It's Boy George!  I love your costume!" and "I didn't think people knew about him anymore!" (this lady was almost screaming with delight) and "Let's hear you sing 'Karma Chameleon" and "Wow, Boy George.  I feel like I'm in a flashback to the 80's."


I loved it all, by the way.  I was totally ready to go along with what people were saying, and I got a lot of comments.  I loved being the one costume that everyone remembered.  This one woman had me wait outside her house while she went inside and called her husband to come take a look at me.  People were taking pictures and smiling and laughing a lot.  When this woman was jumping up and down in excitement and delight, I clapped my hands along with her and went "Whooo!"

As you can probably tell, I had a great time.  This was probably the best Halloween I've ever had.

Flesh-eaten corpses
Line the sidewalk
The day after Halloween
Half-eaten candies
Ghosts of costumes
Haunt the streets
The day after Halloween
Terrifying screams
Ring through the alleys
Scaring the birds to flight
The day after Halloween
Doors lock
People cry
The children fret at the windows
The day after Halloween
The sky turns black
The sun turns orange
The day after Halloween

--Emma Keynes

© 2012 Emma Keynes

No comments:

Post a Comment